A transformative robotic gripper and vision system that enables the robotic assembly of food ingredients, fully autonomously, hygienically and cost effectively.
Designed for use in ready meal factories and retail food outlets alike, the Industrial Robotic Solutions system can continuously assemble sandwiches, burgers, salads and hundreds of other ready meals.
Ingredients the gripper can pick and place
- Boiled egg
- Sliced bread
- Burger bun
- Pizza base
‘‘We are excited to be working with Industrial Robotic Solutions in building the world’s first fully autonomous multi-ingredient robotic sandwich production line.’’
Matt Raynor, Raynor Foods
- Founder and CEO.
- Ex Goldman Sachs.
- Ex Private Equity.
- Ex Chairman of the National Centre for Nuclear Robotics.
- Chief Scientific Officer.
- Robotic vision and software specialist.
- Graduate of the Monterrey Institute of Technology, Mexico.
- COO and CFO.
- Ex Lazards Brothers.
- Specialist in asset finance and healthcare.
- Graduate of Oxford and Wharton Business School.
- Chief Engineer.
- 30 years experience in mechanical engineering for clients ranging from GE Healthcare to NASA.
José Antonio Rosales Medina
- Robotic Engineer.
- MSc Intelligent Systems and Robotics (University of Essex).
- BS Innovation and Development Engineering (ITESM, Mexico).
- Specialist in prototyping.
- Computer Vision Engineer.
- Computer Science PhD Student (University of Essex).
- BSc Computer Science (University of Essex).
- Specialist in machine learning for robotic vision.
- Technical Adviser.
- Professor in the School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering at the University of Essex.
- Technical Adviser.
- Senior Lecturer in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Essex.
Partners and sponsors
The Universal Food Gripper (patent pending) was developed with KTP funding from Innovate UK, in collaboration with the University of Essex, with technical support from Kuka Robotics UK. All rights and IP fully owned by Industrial Robotic Solutions Ltd, company number 11711528.
- Winner Best KTP Associate 2022
- Industrial Robotic Solutions
- Unit 2, Block C
- Parkside Office Village
- Nestfield Road
- Knowledge Gateway
- CO4 3ZL