A transformative robotic gripper and vision system that enables the robotic assembly of food ingredients, fully autonomously, hygienically and cost effectively.
Designed for use in ready meal factories and retail food outlets alike, the Industrial Robotic Solutions system can continuously assemble sandwiches, burgers, salads and hundreds of other ready meals.
Ingredients the gripper can pick and place
- Boiled egg
- Sliced bread
- Burger bun
- Pizza base
‘‘We are excited to be working with Industrial Robotic Solutions in building the world’s first fully autonomous multi-ingredient robotic sandwich production line.’’
Matt Raynor, Raynor Foods
- Founder and CEO.
- Ex Goldman Sachs.
- Award-winning VC fund manager.
- Chairman of the National Centre for Nuclear Robotics.
- Oxford graduate.
- Professor in the School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, University of Essex.
- IRS software and vision systems designer.
- Senior Lecturer, School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Essex.
- Robotic gripper designer.
- Graduate of the University of Essex and the Monterrey Institute of Technology, Mexico.
- IRS Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate.
- COO and FD.
- Ex Lazards.
- Specialist in asset finance.
- International care homes owner and operator.
- Oxford graduate and Wharton MBA.
- Chief Engineer.
- 30 year international career in product design, development and integration.
- Specialist in industrial manufacturing robotic applications.
Partners and sponsors
The Universal Food Gripper (patent pending) was developed with KTP funding from Innovate UK, in collaboration with the University of Essex, with technical support from Kuka Robotics UK. All rights and IP fully owned by Industrial Robotic Solutions Ltd, company number 11711528.
- Winner Best KTP Associate 2022
- Industrial Robotic Solutions Ltd
- Innovation Centre
- Knowledge Gateway
- Boundary Road
- CO4 3ZQ